Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Discovery of Propellerhead Reason 10

I was sick and couldn't sing for 2 weeks.
The illness coincided with a long Thanksgiving weekend.
I started Propellerhead Reason 10 Trial. I loved it so much that bought the next day. Maybe I was sick and rushed, but the deed is done.

Decided that it was time to learn how to write EBM/Industrial tracks. Started experimenting. Oh how I missed this.
No quite there, but I find it interesting to recollect the progression. Too often we see only the end result and not the process. I definitely worry a lot that my music sucks and expect it to magically turn out a hit one day, without being prepared for hard work, dedication and PATIENCE. Not cööl!


Just imagine, 3 tries and I have a neat solid track (composition-wise). Also, it gets easier as things build up on each other. It's the same beat. Yes, I like it very much.
I definitely spent more time searching for the track name than composing its music. And times more time was spent on mixing it. I think I recorded it total in 30-60 minutes, longest making the guitar sound OK and then a week just mixing. Just. Mixing. For a week. It would cost $50, but I legitimately waster 7 evenings of my life on it. Damn, this is an accomplishment I guess. Please, don't blatantly tell me it sounds like crap now, at least prepare me.
Now, relax and let this Tomentous sound embrace you:

No comments:

Post a Comment